The Power of Praise...
(Isaiah 61:3 NKJV) To give them the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.
- Praise puts the focus on GOD not on ME.
“Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me...”
- Praise helps me focus on the ETERNAL and not just see the TEMPORARY problems.
“We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed...For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
-2 Corinthians 4:8-9, 17-18
- Praise is not INWARD but OUTWARD.
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.
The Powerful Choice...
Right at the crest, where Mount Olives begins its descent, the whole crowd of disciples burst into enthusiastic praise over all the mighty works they had witnessed: Blessed is he who comes, the king in God’s name! All’s well in heaven! Glory in the high places! Some Pharisees from the crowd told him, “Teacher, get your disciples under control!” But he said, “If they kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise.”
-Luke 19:37-40 MSG
7 Types of Praise...
1. ________________: To rave, boast, celebrate, to be clamorously foolish.
I will thank you in front of the great assembly. I will praise you before all the people.
-Psalm 35:18 NLT
2. ________________: To acknowledge in public.
I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart.
3. ________________: To bless by kneeling or bowing.
Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his
4. ________________: Making music to God with strings.
It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High.
5. ________________: To address in a loud tone; to shout.
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
6. ________________: To lift hands in adoration.
He who offers praise glorifies me: and to him that orders his conversation aright will I show the salvation of God.
-Psalm 50:23 NASB
7. ________________: Exuberant singing.
I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be
on my lips.
REACTION is the only part of life that I can CONTROL. So I Choose JOY!
*All scripture is from the New International Version unless otherwise noted.