Philippians: Our Habits
How to Reduce Stress in Your Life:
1. Refuse to _________________ about anything!
“Never worry about anything.”
-Phil. 4:6 GW
- Worry is _________________________ (Matthew 6:25)
- Worry is _________________________ (Matthew 6:26-29)
- Worry is _________________________ (Matthew 6:27)
- Worry is _________________________ (Matthew 6:30)
2. Talk to God about _______________________________!
“Never worry about anything. Instead in every situation let God know what you need in your prayers and in your requests.”
“You do not have because you do not ask.”
“He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”
3. ______________ _________ in all things!
“In every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
“In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
-1 Thessalonians 5:18
4. Think about _________________ _______________!
“Fill your mind with those things that are true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and beautiful and respected. If anything is excellent, if anything is worthy of honor, think about those things.” --Phil.4:8
“Fools make fun of sin.”
“Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee!”
5. Be ____________________ with anything!
“I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want.”
“Peace of mind makes the body healthy, but envy is like a cancer.” (Proverbs 14:30 GNB)
“It’s better to only have a little with peace of mind, than to be busy all the time with both hands, trying to catch the wind.”
“I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength!”