Reasons For Loneliness:
- The breakdown of _____________________
- The increased ___________________ of people
- The rise of ___________________ ______________
How Do We Love The Lonely?
1. Just Walk into people’s lives with a loving _________________!
When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.
2. Just Walk into people’s lives and _______________________!
He asked them, “What are you discussing together as you walk along?” They stood still, their faces downcast. One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, “Are you the only one visiting Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?” “What things?” he asked. “About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people.”
3. Just Walk into people’s lives and give them ________________!
Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.
-ISAIAH 41:10 (WEB)
TO THINK OVER
• How have you replaced true relationship with forms of "relational loneliness"?
• Can you think of someone who's lonely right now? What are some practical ways you can act like Jesus and Just Walk into their lives and love them?
• Do you ever feel lonely? Do you shut people out?How will you invite people into your life?
• Will you pray this week and ask the Holy Spirit to show you someone around you that might be lonely? Would you consider inviting that person to come and be your friend on Easter Sunday? Maybe you could invite them to share a meal with your family.
All scripture is from the New International Version unless otherwise noted.